A basketball game ended abruptly Saturday afternoon when 18-year-old Damon Miller was fatally shot at a recreation center. The gunman, who called himself Ace, ran south on Oak Street after the shooting and remains at large. Miller was pronounced dead at the scene by the paramedics. He died from two gunshot wounds to his chest. The paramedics did not arrive immediately because they were tied up at a four-car crash a mile away. This was the second such shooting during a basketball game, apparently by the same gunman.
According to witnesses, Miller did a little dance after making a game-winning 3-point basket. When Ace told him to stop celebrating, Miller ignored him. Then Ace pulled a small gun out of his baggy shorts and fired two quick shots. Everyone else backed away. Instead of running immediately, Ace picked up the basketball and made a 3-pointer himself. Then he did a little dance next to the victim’s head and fled.
A police officer said the suspect will be charged with "a lot more than unsportsmanlike conduct" when arrested. Eyewitnesses said Ace is a white male, 5'11", about 200 pounds, with a small scar on his left cheek.
Local activists criticized the police for dragging their feet in their search for the suspect. “You can bet if it was two white men who had been shot by a black man, there’d be a policeman on every basketball court in town till he was caught,” said one activist.
|< Prev||Next >|
- İngilizce Okuma Metni (DEAD MAN’S ISLAND)
- How to Get out of Jury Duty (Seviye 60)
- The Man Who Loved Women (Seviye 59)
- Honk if You're in a Hurry (Seviye 58)
- Eat Your Vegetables (Seviye 57)
- Woman Lies About Winning Lottery (Seviye 55)
- The Mysterious Carport Stain (Seviye 54)
- Fishing Boat Sinks, Everyone Saved (Seviye 53)
- Man Fatally Stabbed Outside Nightclub (52)
- Woman Shot Next to Her Christmas Tree (51)